Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Gorkamorka Buggy WIP

I spent part of the day Sunday working on my scratch-built buggy for Gorkamorka (and casting Hirst Arts blocks for Mordheim terrain, but that's for another post):

Almost ready to burninate.

It's certainly not finished yet, but I think it's coming along nicely.  It's made from various Trukk parts (engine, radiator, doors, driver, wheels, and glyph plates), with the hatch and operator from the Battle Wagon big grabba, a skorcha arm from the Killa Kans box (with the skorcha nozzles carefully cut off and flipped over), and the exhaust manifolds from one of the Ork flyer kits, I don't remember which.

I opted not to use the perforated canopy that came with the kit on my Forge World Big Trakk, mostly because I wanted people to see the driver and didn't want to drill-out all the holes.  This time, however, I decided to bite the bullet, bend it into shape, and get drilling, and I'm glad I did.

A couple of people have said that the purple highlight is too subtle, so I'm debating highlighting the corners of the panels with Dechala Lilac...

I still have the  yellows, a few details, and the weathering to go, but I'm very pleased with how it's turning out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Warhammer Age of Sigmar: About Face!

That's right; this post is about that game. The one that ruined everything, is childishly simple, and has all the terrible lore.  It'...