Saturday, August 19, 2017

Da Dook uv Fort Skwag

Since it was first released many, many years ago, I've always wanted to play Games Workshop's classic Gorkamorka.  A year ago, I decided to remedy that and got friends together to do just that and celebrate my birthday at the same time.

I wasn't totally happy with the original rules and had a cunning plan in mind to introduce my friends to many of the Warhammer 40,000 rules through Gorkamorka, so I took a bunch of time to revise and rewrite the rules to better align to Seventh Edition 40k as well as Mordheim, a game with which the whole group was already familiar.  As we played, adjustments were made, and as we're getting ready to start our second campaign, I'm sure adjustments will continue to be made. When the rules stabilize a bit more, I'll be sure to make a pretty PDF and provide a link here.

I have plenty of models to share, but to start, here's the fearless leader of my mob:

Gorkamorka Ork Nob

Gorkamorka Ork Nob

His name is Marvolork, da Dook of Skwag.  His crown is actually made from bits of drinking straw and his cape is taken from the Chaos Terminator Lord kit.
Seeing the picture makes me want to do some touch-up work on him (especially on the splatters of yellow that were the result of frustratedly applying the 20th coat to try and get decent coverage), but I'm happy with him overall.

The rest of the mob will be coming soon!  While you wait, why not check-out the other Morker Mob in our campaign over at Das Nerdspiel?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Warhammer Age of Sigmar: About Face!

That's right; this post is about that game. The one that ruined everything, is childishly simple, and has all the terrible lore.  It'...